To our valued Wentworth Arenas family and community,
It is with a heavy heart but with the health and safety of the community in mind that we will be closing Wentworth Arenas effective March 17th, 2020 at 12am until further notice.
All soccer will be postponed until further notice as previously indicated. Please check website often for any potential updates.
Hockey will be cancelled for the remainder of the season. We hope to see you all back next season ready to play the game you love!!
We will miss seeing all your smiling faces and ask for your understanding and cooperation during these uncertain times.
We wish you all the best and thank you for your support!!
Stay safe and Healthy!!
Wentworth Arenas understands that there is a growing concern about the COVID-19 virus and the potential impact on all indoor sports programs. We share your concern and have taken measures to prevent the spread of this illness. While Hamilton Public Health Department has stressed that “risk to the general public remains low” we are focused on preventative measures and have taken the following preventative steps:
• Our staff will be routinely wiping down high traffic surfaces.
• Touch surfaces are being cleaned/sanitized on a regular basis.
• Please use soap and water in the washrooms and changerooms, 20 second hand wash. Correct hand washing instructions have been posted.
• All coaches & referees are required to wash/sanitize their hands before and after leagues.
• We have adopted a “no hand-shake or elbow bump” policy on the field. Please respect the health and safety of all players.
• Change rooms keys will be sanitized after each use
• We ask all coaches players and staff not feeling well to stay at home and to get tested.
To help us, we ask our participants to take the following steps:
• If you have recently travelled to any high-risk coronavirus areas, do not come to the facility.
• If you have been in contact with any persons that have recently traveled to high risk areas and/or are experiencing symptoms please do not come to the facility,
• Strict enforcement of sick protocols. If you are feeling unwell or have fever, cough, and shortness of breath, we ask that you self-isolate and stay home.
• Reduce the number of spectators you bring to watch your games.
• Wash hands frequently and cover your nose and mouth use a tissue or your elbow when coughing.
• Support our “no hand-shake or elbow bump” policy.
• Refrain from sharing water bottles and personal sports equipment
• Refrain from spitting on the playing surfaces as per our rules.
Please be respectful of the rules and those around you.
Thank you for your attention to this and lets all do our part and stay healthy.
We will provide updates as they become available.