Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity agreement along with Joint Declaration and Contract Tracing Log will be required for entry. Any participants under the age of majority, 18 yrs and under are required to have the Informed Consent and Assumption of Risk Agreement signed by a parent/guardian prior entry.
Joint Declaration and Contract Tracing Log must be completed upon entering the facility.
All Facility Rentals must be pre-booked a minimum of 24hrs prior to rental. Payment in full must be made prior to rental time. Payment in full will be accepted from one individual only, multiple transactions will not be accepted.
No subletting of rental time is permitted.
Health and Safety are our priority in establishing the guidelines in our return to play. During all phases of the Return to Play protocols and reopening, a spirit of ongoing patience and flexibility will need to be communicated between the user and the facility. Positive interaction will be greatly increased with recognition and understanding of the ongoing changes.
It is vital that we all be calm and compassionate throughout this pandemic. Any person who exhibits any aggression towards staff or any other person in our facility will be asked to leave and not return.
- Declaration will be posted on Wentworth Arenas Website under heading Covid 19 for all participants to read and acknowledge prior to signing part 2 Contact Tracing Log upon arrival.
- Groups must arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their scheduled time.
- Masks are mandatory and must be worn by participants and/or spectators at all times while in the facility. Failure to wear a mask will result in entry refusal. Exceptions are, while on the playing surface and while seated in the restaurant. Mask will NOT be provided by the facility.
- Maximum number of people on the playing surface is 22 this includes participants, coaches, referees, spectators etc. per booking
- Adhere to Hamilton By-law, which requires persons to maintain 2 meters social distance at all times.
- Please adhere to all signage and respect others.
- Be mindful of common surfaces and limit your touch points.
- Change room availability will be determined upon gathering limits and subject to change.
- Hallways are shared, do not enter the hallway if someone is approaching from the opposite direction.
- Groups will only be permitted to enter when all participants have arrived and have been checked in.
- Food and beverages may not be brought into the premises.
- Wentworth Arenas Inc. supports family participation/spectating however children may not be left unsupervised. Should staff encounter situations with possible safety hazards for children, games may be interrupted while parents or guardians are located, any such interruptions will not constitute increased rental or playing time.
As per the provincial guidelines, participants will not be allowed to enter the facility if they have:
- Experienced cold or flu like symptoms with in the last 10 days.
- Been in close contact with anyone else who has had these symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Been in close contact with anyone else who has travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
- If participant/spectator is displaying symptoms of respiratory distress or illness, they will be asked to leave the facility and seek medical attention.
- Joint Declaration/Contact Tracing Log must be filled out and signed by all persons entering the facility.
- Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity agreement must be completed by all participants prior to entry.
- List of participants in all rental groups will be required. (Contact office for additional information)
- Players should be prepared to come dressed in as much equipment as possible for their activity to reduce the time at the facility.
- Follow all on-site signage.
- When a participant arrives late, they must adhere and yield to all other participants in the facility and maintain the 2 meter social distance.
- Minimize going in and out of doors as they are considered high risk touch points. Use elbows to open when possible.
- Follow on-site signage to your specific playing surface.
- Benches may be used with social distanced guidelines provided.
- Water bottles must be filled prior to entering the facility. Do not use Water for anything other than drinking.
- NO SPITTING ANYWHERE IN THE FACILITY OR ON THE PLAYING SURFACE!
Any person caught spitting will be immediately ejected from the facility.
- The chewing of gum is prohibited on all playing surfaces.
- The wearing of outdoor shoes on any of the playing surfaces is not permitted.
- Where Spectators are permitted, they are warned to be observant while viewing all sports games as there is a risk of personal injury. Spectating is done at your own risk. Wentworth Arenas Inc. shall not be liable for any injury, illness, death, damage, loss, accident, expense, delay or other irregularity occurring from any such incident.
- Equipment must be kept on the participant while using the playing surface and may only be removed once they have left the playing surface.
- Wentworth Arenas will not provide any sport equipment ie: balls, pucks, pinnies etc.
- No handling of equipment by players. The organizer of the group is the only person permitted to handle the group equipment ( pucks, balls, pinnies, etc..)
- Drills and activities should be designed with Provincial sport organization guidelines.
- Please use washrooms prior to entering the playing surface, washrooms are permitted for emergency use only.
- Full face visors for hockey are recommended but not mandatory.
- If participants do not feel well or have identified respiratory symptoms, ensure they advise the group organizer immediately and put on a mask. Organizers should provide facility staff with an incident report prior to leaving the facility.
- Pregame and post game handshakes are not permitted. Support our “no hand-shake or elbow bump” policy.
- Participants will only be permitted to enter the playing surface once it is authorized by an arena staff member.
- Strict Entry and exit will be enforced. Groups will not be permitted early entry and must be off the playing surface by the time the rental is complete.
For example, if your rental is from 6:00pm to 7:00pm, groups will enter the playing surface at 6:00pm and must be completely off the playing surface by 7:00pm. This includes all equipment and garbage removal.
Exiting the playing surface and facility
- Participants will exit single file and follow signage to the exit or change rooms (when available).
- Players will not be permitted to congregate in groups either near the entrance or in the parking lot unless prior to arrival and are the required 2 meters apart.
- Players leaving the playing surface must go immediately to assigned change rooms (when these facilities become available)
- Players will be given a maximum of 15 min to exit the facility/change rooms (when available) to ensure enough time is given to properly disinfect between groups.
- Each rental group must have a volunteer / organizer to supervise the group and ensure the participants, parents and spectators follow the COVID-19 protocols while in the facility.
- Please note that staff will be scheduled to clean/sanitize periodically throughout the day.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or into your elbow while coughing or sneezing. Dispose of any used tissue as soon as possible in a lined waste basket and wash hands.
- Wash or sanitize your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- No sharing of water bottles.
Enhanced Facility Sanitizing
- Persons entering the facility will be required to use the hand sanitizer provided
- Player benches will be disinfected following each rental period and prior to any following rental period
- Change rooms will be disinfected after each use
- Washrooms will be disinfected twice per day unless additional cleaning is required
- Frequently touched surfaces will be disinfected regularly
- Hard surfaces such as goal posts, time monitoring units and facility equipment etc. will be disinfected regularly
Please be respectful of the rules and those around you.
Thank you for your attention to this and lets all do our part and stay healthy.